KD-12N series freeze dryer is a newly developed freeze-drying equipment based on KD-10N. It has greater water-capacity, larger cold trap size and superior performance.
A: Drying methods are various, such as drying, boiling, drying, spray drying, and vacuum drying, but ordinary drying methods are usually carried out at temperatures above 0 ° C or higher. The products obtained by drying generally have problems of shrinking size and hardening of the texture. Most of the volatile components are lost, some heat-sensitive substances are denatured and deactivated, and some substances are even oxidized. Therefore, the dried product has a large difference in properties compared with that before drying. The lyophilization process is basically carried out below 0 ° C, that is, in the state where the product is frozen, and only when the residual moisture content of the product is lowered in the later stage, the product is allowed to rise to a temperature above 0 ° C, but generally does not exceed 40 ° C. Under vacuum conditions, when the water vapor is directly sublimated, the drug remains in the frozen ice shelf, forming a sponge-like porous structure, so the volume after drying is almost constant. Before using it again, as soon as you add water for injection, it will dissolve immediately. Compared with the conventional method, the lyophilizer has the following advantages:
1. Many heat sensitive substances will not be denatured or inactivated.
2. When drying at low temperatures, some of the volatile components in the material are lost.
3. Since drying is carried out under vacuum, there is very little oxygen, so some easily oxidizable substances are protected.
4, drying can exclude 95% ~ 99% of the water, so that the product can be preserved for a long time without deterioration.
5. During the lyophilization process, the growth of microorganisms and the action of enzymes cannot be carried out, so that the original traits can be maintained.
6. The dried material is porous and spongy. After adding water, it dissolves quickly and completely, and immediately restores the original trait.
7. Since the drying is carried out in a frozen state, the volume is almost constant, the original structure is maintained, and concentration does not occur.
8. Because the material is in a frozen state, the temperature is very low, so the temperature of the heat source for heating is not high, and the heater with normal temperature or low temperature can meet the requirements. If the freezing chamber and the drying chamber are separated, the drying chamber does not need to be insulated, and there is not much heat loss, so the utilization of heat energy is economical.
9. Since the moisture in the material exists in the form of ice crystals after pre-freezing, the inorganic salt-soluble substances originally dissolved in the water are evenly distributed in the material. When sublimation, the dissolved substances dissolved in water are precipitated, which avoids the phenomenon that the inorganic salt carried by the internal moisture migration to the surface in the general drying method is precipitated on the surface to cause surface hardening.